Our doctors will do their best to stay on time but unfortunately they may run late from time to time due to complicated cases or sick patients. To assist in this process, it would be appreciated if you could advise our friendly reception staff if you require a longer appointment.
To book, please telephone the practice or making on online booking on our Home Page.
If you are a new patient, please arrive 10min prior to your appointment time so that any required documentation can be completed prior to your appointment. A copy of our New Patient Record is available New Patient Form. To save time, please print and fill in this form and bring it along with you to your first appointment.
To ensure continuity of medication, patients are encouraged to ensure they have a sufficient number of repeat prescriptions before leaving the practice. Patients can request repeat prescriptions during consultation, or via HotDoc online.
Requests for repeat scripts via HotDoc:
- This service is only available for existing patients.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions may take up to three business days to be processed. This is subject to your regular doctor consulting on the day of receiving the request and having approved the request on clinical grounds.
- Requests will only be completed by your regular doctor at the clinic. In the event, that your regular doctor is on leave you are required to make an appointment at the clinic to obtain your prescription.
- Prescriptions must be collected from the practice.
- Each prescription request is assessed by your doctor who will approve or decline the request on clinical grounds. If the request is declined, you will be advised to make an appointment in-person.
- A fee is charged for each request, which is to be paid on request via HotDoc.
- Repeat prescriptions for addictive medication including benzodiazepines and opiates are not provided using this service
- You may select more than one medication with each request.
- However, if your request is declined, you will receive an immediate refund.
- You must have seen your usual Doctor in the last three months.
- If you require an urgent prescription you must make an appointment to see a doctor.
We will always attempt to fit in urgent cases and sick children so please let our friendly staff know if this is the case when calling for an appointment. After hour visits are provided by the Wollongong Radio Doctor. Patients are bulk billed for this service and a report of the consultation is sent promptly to the practice to keep your doctor informed of your condition. Wollongong Radio Doctor (02) 4228 5522. In an emergency, call 000.
Dapto Medical Doctor’s is a Bulk Billing Practice.
Referrals from general practitioners to medical specialists allow for the specialist consultation to be rebateable by medicare. Patients can request repeat referrals during consultation, or via HotDoc online.
- It is unlawful to backdate referrals, doing so would breach the Commonwealth Health Insurance Act.
- We can only provide repeat referrals, you must have already seen the specialist previously.
- Your GP may not be able to provide a repeat referral if they have not seen you recently.
- Each referral request is assessed by your doctor who will approve or decline the request on clinical grounds. If the request is declined, you will be advised to make an appointment in-person.
- A fee is charged for each request, which is to be paid on request via HotDoc
An interpreter service is available and can be arranged via the reception desk.